Friday, May 6, 2011

Unexpected Awesomeness

I love when boring days turn out to be awesome days.

Today I had a couple small errands to run (one of them was to pick up my refilled prescription.. sigh..), and when I was done I was kinda sad because I didn't know what to do next. So I decided that it being Cinco De Mayo and all, that I should celebrate by having a Taco Salad... So I went to Taco Bell... Haha... That's as good as it gets when it comes to Mexican food in Canada. It was actually pretty good though.

Then I had a nap... for three hours... I love how being pregnant enhances my ability to sleep more than I've ever been capable of. I guess I should cherish this time now. Sleep won't be so easy to come by with a little one who relies completely on me for everything.

When I woke up, I caught the last little bit of the Nashville/Vancouver hockey game. I'm kinda proud of Vancouver. I mean... They've gotta screw up pretty bad if they don't advance to the next level in the playoffs. They'd have to lose the next 4 games in a row and I don't think they're bad enough to do that. So. Early congrats to Vancouver! One step closer to the end!!! (I heart hockey)

Then, I got a text from my good friend around 11:00PM asking if I was still awake. Of course I was still awake. I had just woken up a couple hours ago from my nap! haha! She continued to tell me that she had had an exceptionally terrible day, and she wanted to either jump in front of a bus or eat ice cream. She concluded that ice cream was the better of the two and wanted to know if I was willing to go with her to get some. haha. Obviously my friend was in need, so I promptly left, to go save the day for my friend.

After picking her up and hearing why her day had been so terrible, we decided that the best solution for this situation was Denny's. Yes. Denny's.


I have quite fond memories of Denny's actually. I'm not saying their food is the best, but I have definitely had my share of late night meals with awesome friends full of laughter and happiness. Obviously this was going to brighten my friends day, and I wasn't let down. We got some food, and ended up sitting there until 2:00AM. haha. We talked a lot about our missions, which is always fun. She served in Taiwan, so it's interesting to hear the crazy things she's encountered there and how differently they go about the work in that culture and environment. It's also nice to be able to hang out with her and feel completely normal, because sometimes its hard being with friends from Singles Ward while I'm married and pregnant. I'm kind of just in another place, and this friend doesn't make me feel weird for it. That's not to say that other friends do make me feel weird, it's just less obvious with her somehow.

Anywho... Awesome night talking with her at Denny's.

As I was driving home, I started thinking of my husband and how much I love him and how terribly excited I am to see him in 11 days!!!!! Seriously... The more we talk, the closer we become. As much as it sucks to not be able to be together right now, I really do love that we get to talk everyday. It brings us closer in a way that is more difficult when we're face to face. I dunno how to explain it, but I just love that communication is something we're getting better and better at. It will definitely be a huge strength for us in the years to come. So... I just love my husband a lot. haha. That's the whole point. I was just reminiscing about him tonight and it made me smile.

What made the day even better was when I got home at 2:30AM, I decided I was gonna call my husband and leave a message for him so that he could listen to it in the morning, but to my surprise, he actually answered and was wide awake! This is very uncharacteristic of him. He likes his sleep, and staying up late isn't his thing. But I was just glad to hear his voice. Turns out, he went to a midnight showing of Thor and he was just on his way home. haha. I love my husband. We told each other about the great times we had both just had and laughed with one another. So that was basically the perfect end to a great night. Marriage is awesome.



No comments:

Post a Comment