Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Excitement! Adventure!!

Well the past two days have been full of adventure! Yesterday morning, Ray and I went with a bunch of his friends to a little town nearby to recreate our own live action Mario Cart video! This is what my husband's friends do with their spare time, and I'm totally okay with it.

We got hooked up with a go-cart place that said as long as we promote their facility on the video (because it'll be posted on YouTube) and they can post it on their Facebook Page, then we got to use the place for free. Pretty sweet eh! Well all those involved were way excited and on top of that, the owners pretty much just let us do our own thing. I could see how excited everyone was to be able to go around a go-cart track and not have any rules they had to follow. haha.

I, being pregnant and all, wasn't involved in the actual driving of the go-carts, but I was definitely given my own role to fulfil. I was given the necessary job of being the Cloud Guy. The one that holds the stop/go lights on the end of his fishing pole and saves the carts when they drive off the edge of the track. haha! It was perfect. Our costumes were all amazing too.



As you can see, we had everyone covered. I'm at the far left as Cloud Guy, and Ray is beside me as Yoshi, there's Donkey Kong, Toadstool, Mario (complete with an authentic mustache which was painted black with mascara), Princess Peach, Luigi and Bowzer. The kids belong to the person that was running the go-cart place. They were fascinated by us all. I don't blame them. Clearly we're awesome.

We were there for a good three hours or so. It was ridiculously windy and super sunny. If it wasn't for the wind, I'm pretty sure I would have melted. Instead I got a slight sunburn on my forearms. My face was saved by my daily moisturizer! haha! Take that sun!!!

I was wiped afterwards though. Pretty sure that was due to the 4 hours of sleep the night before, being pregnant, and being in the crazy Colorado sun for an extended length of time. But the day wasn't over yet. Ray's family was having a little Memorial Day family barbecue, so we headed right off to that when we were done with the go-carting.

The barbecue was... awkward... I didn't know the extended family at all, which is to be expected, but I think I just felt out of place or something. I dunno... Maybe that was because there was some obvious tension in the air between people which I just didn't understand and wasn't in the loop about either. But that's a whole other train of thought for later.

Finally after that, I was completely exhausted and Ray was too, so we just spent the rest of the night watching a movie together and we ended up going to bed at 8:00. haha. It felt really good, and I even got out of bed this morning at a decent hour as a result! I've actually been waking up at a decent time the whole time I've been here. I'm proud of myself.

Today the incredible sunshine continued with a less severe wind and a perfect temperature, so obviously we had to take advantage of it.

But first I got my nails done. haha. We literally live across the street from a nail salon, so I took advantage of that too. I got my toes painted a nice bright pink for summer, and I got my fingernails done all pretty with french tips. Not fake ones. Fake nails are too high maintenance for me. I like them and all, but I don't have the funds to maintain them right now. haha.

When I was done with that, Ray and I went and picked up Ray's little twin sisters, Katie and Dharma, and off we went to this beautiful canyon. There was a creek that we went to where Ray and his sisters started building a dam. It was pretty fun to watch them. Stuff like that is totally Ray's thing, so he was happy as a clam. The girls ended up accidentally getting their feet wet and took the "when in Rome" mentality and just ran with it, totally walking up and down the creek in their shoes helping get rocks for the little dam they were building. Ray was able to keep his feet dry though. Good for him eh? They all had a good time.



Dharma
Katie



 The longer we were there, I guess the more adventure the girls wanted. So Dharma decided that she wanted to sit in the creek instead of just wading in it, but Ray told her that it was an all or nothing deal. Either she went all in the water, head and everything, or she just kept her feet in only. It took her a while, but she definitely ended up doing it. Here's the video. It's 5 minutes long, but it's also hilarious.



So that was that. Ray had some business stuff to do tonight, so I spent the evening watching So You Think You Can Dance online, and writing this out. Pretty awesome if I do say so myself. Again. Life in Colorado is amazing and I feel like I'm home. Bliss!!!

2 comments:

  1. Awwwww POOR TWINNIE!!!!!!!!!!! Hahhahahaa!! There's a rock in my butt!!! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, are you living down there or just visiting? check out my blog, timandmaureenluckwell.blogspot.com I don't update all the time, but every once in awhile.

    ReplyDelete