Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Breaking The Monotony

So this whole being pregnant and not working thing has gotten kind of old.. haha. Mostly just because I'm not so sick anymore so I'm not spending every single day on the couch waiting for the next time I'll throw up. Now I actually get to DO stuff!! ... But that's the thing... What stuff?!?!?! haha. I'm suffering from a severe case of monotony, and I'm trying to figure out what I can do to fix it.

I conducted a poll on Facebook and got a bunch of suggestions. Mostly crafty things... But I'm not a crafty person, and as much as I appreciate the ideas to create mosaics, or take up scrapbooking, or paint, or do fruit carving (haha I heart Randi), that's just not something I'd be good at, nor do I have the patience to try to acquire the talent. That left me with the suggestions of puzzles, coloring (as in coloring books of awesomeness) and gardening. Sorry Sarah, but gardening is just not gonna happen. Gardening appeals to me even less than crafty things. haha... Puzzles are a possibility, and I've always loved coloring, so maybe I'll be investing in a couple coloring books for myself in the near future. Don't judge me.

Then it dawned on me. Duh. Just keep track of the random things I see that make me happy every day. Someone had suggested blogging to me, but I immediately dismissed that idea with the thought that I need to actually be doing things worth blogging about. My epiphany was this. It's true that there are few exciting events happening in my life these days, but there are definitely things I stumble upon that stir up my thoughts each day. Why not document those things. My posts don't always need to be about some incredibly exciting event in my life that takes two hours to write out, resulting in a ridiculously lengthy blog post that in all reality few people would ever even bother finishing to read. I credit this epiphany to my friend for unknowingly reminding me that blogging can keep me occupied as well as fulfil some sense of accomplishment. I've also started following a couple other semi-popular blogs that have new posts daily. None of them are terribly significant or recount life altering events, but they're interesting and short, which I've come to realize I actually appreciate and kinda wanna try to emulate.

In saying this, I realize this whole explanation in itself is kind of a lot long winded... Give me a break though. I'm just starting and I still need to learn. My talent for long windedness dates way back. In junior high and high school, I always had a hard time keeping my essays under the required number of words because I felt compelled to explain every little detail... in detail... because if I didn't I'd feel like I didn't get the message across clearly enough. Obviously this is still an issue for me and I need to overcome it...

Challenge accepted. Let the random thought documenting begin!

2 comments:

  1. Love it! And its ok to let people have people figure out there own details. Don't judge me. 143

    ReplyDelete
  2. coloring is the bomb diggity! is there walmart in canada?? ahhaaha! well if there is i saw a 30 pack of velvet posters! they were ten bucks so i passed it up.. but not for long!!!! Its ok your not into gardening. but it really is nice to get out and weed and soak up some sun. i really like it. :D

    ReplyDelete