Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Holy Moly

Ask and you shall receive. Yeesh. I've been complaining about how bored I've been, and these last couple days I've been way busy. It's been amazing!

Sunday was ridiculous because of Mother's Day and family dinner. I made a cake for it. I was really proud of myself. I made a chocolate cake from scratch and my Grandma LOVED it. To impress her with anything edible is the hugest compliment EVER. She had a huge piece of cake and ate it all. I'm quite proud of myself if I do say so myself.

See?? Doesn't it look delicious??? I'm proud of me.


Yesterday I was gone all day with my best friend, Monie. She's rededicated herself to getting her drivers license, so she needs more practice before she goes off and does her actual test. Apparently the task falls on me then to be the "teacher"... Initially I thought it would be fine... until she started driving and we saw this HUGE car accident right in front of us!!!!! It was terrifying!!! A dude in a van was turning left, and a girl coming the other way suddenly switched into the other lane that was otherwise clear at the same moment the guy decided the road was clear to turn left and they hit each other hard and both cars did full 360's, and the van ended up wedged under a semi truck and the car ended up smashed into a pole... Oh. My. Gosh. We were both completely stunned that all of this just happened and we had a front row seat. Thankfully, being totally uninvolved in the crash, we were fine. So we just pulled over and waited around to make sure everyone was okay (which surprisingly they were) and for the cops to come so we would give our witness statements. An hour later, and we were free to go.

We met up with a couple of my other awesome friends for Bubble Tea. I LOVE BUBBLE TEA. That just needs to be understood. Dream Tea House is the greatest place ever, and Bubble Tea has totally made my life better. haha.


Anyways... We stayed and chatted for like 2 hours. It was awesome. I was really glad to be able to hang out with friends and laugh and enjoy myself like that again.

When we parted ways, Monie and I continued her driving adventure which was thankfully uneventful... traffic wise... But as much as I love that girl, sometimes I wonder how the crap we are such good friends. haha. After that car accident, she was SOOOOO paranoid!!! I mean... She's paranoid already, but that didn't help the situation at all. And the thing you need to understand about Monie is that she'll ask tons of questions, but she doesn't care about the answer. If you do answer, she'll defend the opposite of what you just said to the death, and so basically it's useless to answer her at all. But then if you don't answer her, she doubts herself. So you basically have to answer so she has something to fight against...???... Yeah... That's my best friend. So. All day of this. Whether it was in regards to driving questions/decisions, what to buy at the store, something about her boyfriend. Oh man... Seriously... I love her, but yesterday was exhausting. haha...

So. That was yesterday.

Today... well... I can't say because it's supposed to be a surprise. But after that, I pretty much drove around the entire city getting quotes from body shops to get the front bumper of my car fixed... Which is apparently gonna be around $1000 no matter where I go... ugh... That's more than I was hoping it would be. I dislike that my car was put through hell this last winter (not by me) and now I have to pay to get it fixed... Slightly bitter...

Anyways... After that was done, I was voluntold to get a pizza and deliver it to the Elders tonight. So I did that, then I went to the mall to see if I could find some summer maternity shirts and sandals. Today it was 21 degrees (Celsius) and I realized I'm gonna be my biggest in my pregnancy for the whole summer. Cool clothes are a must. Unfortunately I didn't find anything. That might have been because I wasn't in a full blown shopping mood. So I left the mall empty handed. Not to worry. I'm going out again with Monie and Jessie tomorrow to the mall. I'm glad Jessie will be there, because then Monie's paranoia will be diffused between the two of us. haha.

So now I'm back at home and I have lots of laundry to catch up with. I'm gonna grab a piece of my awesome cake, then I have to fold the laundry.

I'm gonna get to that. Tomorrow's another busy day and I need to not stay up all night for no reason tonight. haha.. Good luck to me with that...

Oh yeah... I still have to write about what Ray did for me for our anniversary... haha. I'll do that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment