Saturday, May 28, 2011

Life Is Awesome

So being in Colorado has basically been the best thing ever, and it's not even half way till I have to go back to Canada! So much more fun is in store.

This past week the Air Force Academy had their graduation and I guess Ray's family has a tradition to go watch the Air Force Thunderbirds do their mini air show as part of the graduation celebrations. Ray's mom came and picked me up so that I could be part of the celebrations this year. Stunt flyers are amazing. I don't understand how they have the stomach to do what they do, but I'm glad they do because it's really fun to watch.


This weekend has already been amazing. My good friend from my mission, Michelle Page, got married yesterday! She's from Colorado Springs, so my being with Ray has given Michelle and I opportunities to hang out before and it's been good times. Since it's her wedding and all, some other friends from our mission came in to town to celebrate too! Woot!! So for the first time in over a year I got to see Costley (now Ashley Bird) and her husband, Jeremy (our Zone Leader) and Sister Campbell (Cheri)! It was awesome to see them! They all drove in together from Salt Lake City.

Michelle had a pre-wedding dinner the night before and so all of us mission buddies were there. It was awesome to catch up with them. After the dinner, they all came over to our apartment and we chatted for a long time. It was a late night. haha.

The next day was the actual wedding in the Denver Temple which Ashley and her husband and Cheri were going to. Ray and I were planning on going to the temple anyways, so we just planned to be finished in time to see Michelle and her new husband come out of the temple as a married couple. It worked out pretty well. Ray and I laughed because we ended up in their group pictures. We kinda felt like we just kind of appeared out of nowhere, but we were entertained.

We took a few pictures for ourselves. This one is my absolute favorite!


I think Ray enjoys me being pregnant. He gets excited whenever he feels our little one kicking. I was pretty excited to be able to go back to the Denver Temple though, because I haven't been there since we were actually married. So it was kind of a neat experience to go there a year later and pregnant.

Ashley also wanted to take some pictures to send to our beloved Betty Pyper in Hot Springs, AR. She's a long time member of the Church and we visited her every week when Ashley and I were serving together there. Betty is originally from Wales, in her 80's and a total character. You can't help but love her. So we got some pictures together to send to her.


Michelle's wedding reception was beautiful. It was totally traditional and awesome. I love seeing newlyweds. It's always so apparent how ridiculously happy they are. This was no exception.

CONGRATS MICHELLE!!!!!!!!



Here's our Arkansas group. Minus Michelle. She was obviously otherwise occupied... haha.


I look so pregnant....

The send off of the couple was pretty cute too. We were all given bubbles and were blowing them as they ran off together... into a minivan... haha! Classy eh?? Too bad nobody did anything to the van though.




Afterwards the five of us went back to the hotel Ashley, Jeremy and Cheri were staying at and had tons of fun in the swimming pool there. It was awesome. I love swimming! Ray doesn't love swimming so much, but I was so proud of him for embracing the moment and in the end he really had a lot of fun too.

The past couple days have really been amazing. I love seeing friends that I don't get a chance to see so often. I really look forward to living here and being able to find friends that we can do things with and really feel like my life is settled again. This time here in Colorado has been an amazing foreshadow of my upcoming permanency here.

I'm so excited to find out what else this month in Colorado has in store! I'm so happy here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment