Friday, May 13, 2011

My Awesome Anniversary

As I mentioned previously, it was my first anniversary with Ray on Sunday. Since we're stuck in this silly situation where I'm in Canada and he's in the US, I wasn't really expecting much to celebrate. Especially since I'll be seeing him so soon. I guess I just figured that we'd be able to celebrate when I got to go see him. Boy was I wrong. 

Family dinner was just winding down that night, and the house was kinda chaotic just because Ian had just called us. Mom was already crying because that's just what she does when her missionary children call her. haha. Then Dad called to me and told me that someone was at the back door for me and I was so confused. I don't really have people showing up for me out of the blue.

I went to the back door and I saw three of my friends all standing there. Kaleena was right in the middle holding a poster board with a red heart drawn on it. Allison was standing to the right holding a phone and recording me, and Janelle was on the left recording Kaleena. Then they hand me a beautiful bouquet of flowers and start playing a song on a computer that they placed on the ground. haha. I was pretty confused until they started playing the song, which totally cleared things up for me that Ray set it up. We have a song... haha. We're just cute like that. So this is where I started crying. haha.

Anyways.

As the song played, Kaleena went through all the posters in her hands which had the lyrics of the song written out and then at the end there was a message for me from him. It was amazing. Then they handed me brownies and ice cream. Yum!! 

So Ray had totally been conspiring with my friends the whole last week to set this up. I had no idea that it was coming. He's pretty good at setting up surprises like this, and I like it. :)

This is what it all looked like.










Basically... Amazing. I love my husband.

1 comment:

  1. Dude! Ray is the man!!! That is seriously cool! Mad props to Mr. Romantic. Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete