Thursday, May 19, 2011

Greetings From Colorado!!!

So i'm FINALLY with my husband again!! Mind you, it's only for a month, but that's besides the point. What really matters is that everything is right in the world again because my man is at my side. Basically... bliss...

The flight was first thing in the morning and my Dad was kind enough to drive me to the airport at 5:00 AM. I made sure to be there extra ridiculously early so that I had ample time to make it through border patrol. We aren't the best of friends, so I was kinda nervous about that. But I made sure to come extra prepared with a stack of papers showing that I'm not trying to enter the US and never come back to Canada. I'm too noble to do anything illegal, but they never seem to want to give me the benefit of the doubt. Yeesh.

Obviously it went well since I'm in Colorado, so thank goodness for that. The flight was direct, but it was still long. Three hours long... and it was cloudy the whole way so I couldn't even look out the window and see anything really cool. I had my trusty Tennis Shoes book though, so I read chapter after chapter of that. Finally I got tired of it and was getting stir crazy and wanted to know what time it was. Just as I was searching to find something to tell me the time, the pilot came on the speaker to say that we were beginning the decent and we'd be on the ground in half an hour. WOOT!!! After that I had things to look out of the window at and I was quite content.

The plane ended up stopping at the furthest possible gate from the baggage claim, so it took me a good 20 minutes to walk to the train thing that took me there. I had to pee too so poor Ray was waiting even longer for me. I'm pregnant though. When I gotta go, I gotta go.

I saw Ray waiting for me at the baggage claim where he had already picked up my bag for me. What a sweetheart. It was obviously a joyous reunion. haha. We hugged and kissed and it was awesome. It felt like I was actually home and that I belonged somewhere. What a blessing.

Since then I've been able to check out the awesome apartment that he got for us. It was kind of in disarray when I first got here, but with some team work we got stuff organized, and while he's been at work, I've been a dutiful wife and have made this place a presentable home. haha.

I've really really really missed being a wife. Staying at home in Canada with my parents is a bummer. My mom takes care of everything for dad, and I'm basically just a stow away with no real purpose or direction. My real home is where my husband is, and since being here I really have never felt more at home and at peace. It just reinforces how much I love my husband and how we belong together. We've both just been so happy.

I even find myself more confident in my pregnant body with him around. I think mostly because it shows that we're in this together and that we're happy together. As my best friend Monie so eloquently put it... "it's a literal manifestation of your love". So true. Having Ray with me shows that I'm not just knocked up, but that I'm actually in love. hahaha...

Ray also has been able to feel our little boy kick! I love when Ray holds my belly. haha. At first he didn't believe that it was actually the baby moving. He thought it was me just flexing, but I assured him that it's not my doing, so now Ray's convinced that we have a soccer player on our hands. haha. Fine by me.

So basically, everything is amazing. I love my husband and it amazing me to realize how happy he makes me. My home really is where he is.

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you! I love that feeling of seeing my husband after it has been a while!! I can't wait foryou to finally have immigration over with so you can be together all the time! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete