Friday, May 6, 2011

Baking

I'm a huge fan of baking. My husband can attest to that. So in my quest to find things to do each day, I've started making small things every other day or so. It started with Rice Krispee squares, which were gone almost immediately. Then I made puffed wheat squares, which weren't as successful as I hoped because they don't wanna stick together. At least they still taste good.

Today I really wanted to make cookies. I looooove making cookies and they're kind of a big deal in my family. haha. But just as I was getting everything out to make them, mom stopped me and reminded me that I can't really keep baking things so often because they keep on getting eaten. haha...

Clearly in a house with just three people in it, making treats does cause issues with self-indulgence. I think I just use being pregnant as an excuse allowing more indulgences than normal. Especially because I had four months of eating pretty much nothing. haha. Justification??? Maybe... But still. Mom and Dad don't have the same excuses/justifications (whatever they are) as I do. Therefore, making treats in this house kinda back fires. Actually... I think I've always had this issue. I did a lot of baking when Ray and I were together here in Canada, and as much as he loved it, he hated it because it's just not good to always have treats available.

The problem is that I make things not only because I enjoy doing it, but I want to eat it too! haha.. So I know I could give them away, but I just don't want to! Yes I realize that's kind of a lot selfish of me... I guess I just can't come up with a decent happy medium. How can I still bake the things I want that will satisfy my own taste buds and not cause an obesity epidemic in my family? haha. One of life's mysteries I guess...

No comments:

Post a Comment