Monday, June 27, 2011

TV Hates Me Today

That's actually probably a good thing. Over the last few months, the TV and I have developed a close bond. I think it's an unhealthy relationship actually... But I've been trying to branch out and find other things to occupy myself.

Today I woke up and decided I wanted to go for a swim. Well.. It's actually less of a swim and more of an aqua jog. Swimming stretches my belly out in ways that don't feel right, so I'm glad I discovered this alternative. Water is my friend. It takes all the pressure that being pregnant puts on my body. The longer I can spend in water, the better. haha. Anyways... I did an hour of that and then sat in the warm teach/kiddie pool for a good 45 minutes. The teach pool is prime people watching territory. haha.

Whenever I do some level of physical activity, it totally wipes me out for the rest of the day. Since I'm pregnant, I feel justified in lounging around for the remainder of the day and that's just what I've been doing. haha.

So. Back to my original train of thought. Lounging is only so enjoyable when you don't have anything to keep you entertained. Lately the TV in the living room has been wigging out. I don't know what's wrong with it and it was really frustrating me because it was preventing me from watching The Bachelorette and SYTYCD Canada. I got hooked on the Bachelor last season... and since they announced who the Bachelorette was gonna be this season, I was like... awww crap... Now that I actually know a little bit about the girl I HAVE to watch this season too. haha. But I couldn't watch either of them!!! The channel the Bachelorette was on was all choppy and kept on cutting out on the audio and the channel SYTYCD was on wasn't even working. And you can only check Facebook and Twitter so many times before you realize there's not gonna be any significant amount of updates.

I decided I should just go on a short little drive then. Drives are enhanced in when it's summer too. Then you can drive with the window down, and have some good music on. Ahhh... Awesome.

When I got back home, I find my mom sprawled out on the floor and I realized she was on the phone with the TV people trying to fix the problem. haha. My mom is awesome. I have no idea what the outcome of that phone call was, because I just went into my room. I have a TV in there, so I turned it on and lo and behold... the last 30 minutes of SYTYCD. Turns out the TV in my room is fine. It's just the big living room TV that's messed up.

What's even better is that I'll actually be able to watch The Bachelorette now. When I was trying to watch it earlier, it was on a channel broadcast from Toronto that we only get on the big TV. My parents got it so they can watch prime time shows at 6:00 instead of 9:00. haha. So the stars aligned, and I'm being blessed for my efforts to keep healthy today. I guess the TV doesn't hate me.

...but I should probably start to spend more time in the beautiful sun...

No comments:

Post a Comment