Friday, June 24, 2011

Things To Look Forward To

In my efforts to prevent myself from completely drowning in self pity, I've decided to come up with a list of  upcoming events to look forward to that'll pull me through to when I see my husband again.

1. Meeting my baby


Now I already know that this kid is gonna be cute beyond anything I've ever seen in my life. But I'm excited to be able to see who he looks like. I'm pretty sure he's gonna look like Ray. From what I've seen with his brothers and his nephew, the "Whitcomb look" is pretty prominent in the boys. I'm okay with that. My husband is the most handsome man ever, so to have a son who looks like him is gonna be a joy. Then I'll have two of the most handsome men ever in my home. Let's just hope he's got more of my personality. haha.


2.

The other day I nonchalantly mentioned to my mom that the musical "Wicked" was coming to town and that if she happened to want to by a couple tickets that I'd be her date. haha. I sure wasn't expecting it when she came home a couple days ago and asked me what I was doing on August 6 in the afternoon. Turns out she wanted to see it more than I thought because she bought us matinee tickets. WOOT!!! I've heard so many good things about this musical, so I'm really REALLY excited to be able to see it for myself. Up until now, I've just had to listen to the random songs I find from it and try to put the story together for myself. It'll be great to have everything cleared up!

3. 

So I THINK I'm going to this concert. My friend said she got a couple tickets for her birthday and asked me if I wanted to go with her. Of course I said yes! I'm just hoping that offer is still on the table... haha... I don't know why it wouldn't be, but I've still got my fingers crossed. There's something about the Backstreet Boys that brings out the 15 year old screamer within. I went through a New Kids on the Block phase too, but I was too little to actually be able to go to a concert when they were at their prime. So now I get to see New Kids for the first time ever and BSB for the... fourth time... haha. I am NOT ashamed. I think it's hilarious that I'll be almost 8 months pregnant for this concert. I'm awesome. Also, Boys II Men is opening from what I hear. The night couldn't be any more boy band filled if they tried!

4. Clarke and Cecilia's first baby! Now I don't have a picture of them all cute and pregnant... That needs to be fixed. Cecilia's got a huge, perfectly round basketball belly. She's due in less than a month and that'll be my first actual blood related niece/nephew! Yay!!!

5.

So I'm not the most avid baseball fan ever, but summers in Edmonton mean evenings at baseball games. There's just something about spending only $10 for a ticket, sitting out in the sun, getting some awful/awesome stadium food and watching a game with friends. I took Ray to a game last year and he ended up loving the experience more than he thought he would. See?? You don't even have to like baseball to enjoy being at a game!

6.

Summers in Edmonton ALSO mean amazing summer festivals! The Fringe Festival is just one of them, but it's got to be one of the best. It's full of street performers, independent vendors selling amazing handmade stuff, awful/awesome festival food and a bunch of plays. The festival season should be starting right away, so I'll be able to go to those and be in a crowd full of happy people and get some time in the sun while I'm at it. I like being entertained, and summer festivals here never fail to provide great entertainment.

7. Getting maternity benefits. I'm excited to start getting paid for growing a baby. I'm greatly lacking in funds these days, so it'll be nice to have that help. This is why Canada is awesome.

8.

...enough said...



So I think that should help me make it through these next couple months. Also... I talked to my doctor about the whole timing thing with having my baby. I know it's not up to me when this baby decides to come, but I kinda need to have SOME control over it because Ray will have to plan his travels accordingly. Thankfully my doctor understands, and she said that she'll have to keep monitoring my progress, but right now she doesn't see any reason why she couldn't induce me on the due date of September 3. So as long as my baby doesn't decide to come freakishly early, it should be relatively well organized with Ray coming up here for the birth. Then we'll have some time together as a family. My parents decided on a whim to go to Vegas from Sept 6-13 so that'll give my brand new little family some much needed alone bonding time. That also means that my baby has to be born before Sept 6. All the more reason to be induced.

I know I know. Getting induced isn't the most ideal situation, but considering the whole time restriction thing, there isn't really any way to get around it... Besides... the less likely it is for me to be overdue, the better!

Anyways... That's my list of things to be excited for which should help me get through this summer and until I see my man again. Let the enduring commence...

1 comment:

  1. I hope you don't have to be induced! Not a very ideal situation! I'll keep my fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete