Sunday, June 26, 2011

Oh Internet...

I clearly didn't give enough credit to the internet for its efficiency yesterday. haha. It took all of four hours for the link to my last blog entry to get to the person it was all about. Now I'm not nearly naive enough to believe that nobody would know who or what I was talking about. Anyone who knows me really well would have understood immediately. What I wasn't expecting was anything to actually happen (maybe THAT was naive...). It never occurred to me that someone would get in contact with that person, no matter how close they were with them. The whole reason for that post was that I just needed to rant and get it out there. My main motivation wasn't to just see what would happen though. I'm the kind of person that when I write things out, it helps me feel at peace. I can write something down and move on with it, because I feel through writing, all my frustrations are released. And yes... I guess there was still a part of me that hoped that maybe someday, something might be resolved because of it... since you know... it's on a public blog and all. But that was still a far off possibility as far as I was concerned.

So yesterday out of the blue, hours after posting, I get an email from that person with the subject line "read your blog post"

..............................................................................................................

Immediate dread... Uh oh... This could either be really good or really bad. So I continued with caution.

To my delight, the email was all positive. It stated how that person has been feeling the same kind of things and just like me, couldn't figure out how to approach the whole thing because of their uncertainty of my feelings. haha. What a gong show eh??

So in the end it worked out pretty well. We've been able to talk directly a little bit and at least break the ice again. I feel so liberated! I no longer have to feel restricted with who I can socialize with just because of the presence of another person. Life can resume normally in ALL situations. Yay!!! So thank you to the person that sent the link on and as a result, helped everything to get to where it needed to be. I have awesome, loving friends.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Glad it worked out nicely for you. There are certainly some advantages to blogging/the internet.

    ReplyDelete