Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Inevitable

Well the unfortunate day has come... I'm leaving Colorado... And I'm not happy about it...

Thankfully this day hasn't sucked and I've only cried a little bit. I think Ray made a conscious effort to keep this day awesome. We slept in, which is always a good thing, and then spent the morning cuddling and laughing. I made french toast for breakfast, and we spent the afternoon picking up baby things from generous people who didn't need the stuff anymore. I am happy to announce that we now have all necessary furniture required for a baby room. And we got it all for free. WOOT!!!

My flight is leaving at 9:20 PM so we planned on getting me to the airport by 7:00, because we all know how much fun that is...

We left Colorado Springs at around 3:00, after stopping by the Mexican place to get a big huge thing of Horchata for each of us, and then the pizza place to get an awesome cheesy bread to have on the drive down to Denver. We drove on a back road that went through a beautiful place called Palmer Lake. Ray said he'd like to own land there one day and I'm totally okay with it.

When we got to Denver, we stopped by at a friends place because we still had about an hour left before I had to be at the airport. They got married just after we did, and Ray's been good friends with them for a long time, so it was nice to go to a welcoming home and being able to talk and laugh together. It definitely helped me take my mind off of the ensuing crappiness...

But alas, the time came and we were off to the airport. We were silent the whole way there, but we just held each others hands the whole way down. Once we got there, Ray took out my bags for me and we hugged and kissed goodbye. Ray was definitely stronger than me and helped me look forward to the future to take my mind off of the sadness. He's an amazing husband. He told me to be strong and I told him I would and that I would keep busy growing this baby of ours. haha.

So now I'm sitting at the gate to board the plane. It should happen in about 10 minutes...

I didn't take as many pictures as I should have and didn't really think about it until today. So Ray and I took a couple together just because we make a really cute couple. :)



Ray saw this in the parking lot of the Mexican Restaurant. It's pretty!


Goodbye for now Colorado. You've been amazing.

3 comments:

  1. Awww...I am so sorry you have to leave! I know how hard it is, but this must be even harder for you!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Alison, I didn't realise that Ray had to be back in the states, that totally sucks that you have to be so far from each other, so early in your marriage. If there's a plus side, it would be having the baby without paying $2000 to do so. hang in there love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might be a little behind here, but do you know when you will get to come to the US for good?? I can't imagine what it must be like being that far away from you man. I hope the US lets you in for good soon. It will be too hard to have that little baby and still have to stay apart. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete