Friday, June 1, 2012

9 Months?!

Yesterday was Warren's 9 month mark! It's crazy to think that he has officially been out of the womb longer than he was in now. haha. He's growing so fast!



This is what he's up to these days.

- He's still trying to figure out crawling. Right now he gets on his tummy and lifts himself up to a plank pose. Haha. He's starting to figure out that he can put his knees down but he doesn't know what to do from there. It's kind of hilarious.



- In lieu of crawling, he rolls. He's a pro at it. It takes him from A to B, even though sometimes B ends up with him stuck under the coffee table. hahaha... So I have to keep him contained every once and a while.



- He's able to stand up while holding on to furniture. He can't pull himself up past his knees yet, so I still have to help him. The look of satisfaction on his face is priceless when he's up on his feet.



- When he's sitting on the ground and I sit in front of him, he grabs my hands and stands up. I'm not sure why holding onto my hands makes it easier for him because I make sure not to move them so that he's doing all the work to stand up. Weird kid... Anyways. Once he stands he looks all proud of himself and then sits back down... then pulls himself up again. It keeps him occupied for a good 10 minutes or so!



- I've discovered that he HATES grass. In the picture he didn't realize he was sitting in grass because his legs were covered. If we sit him down in the grass while he's wearing shorts, he lifts one leg up and instantly starts crying. Does it make me a bad parent that I put in down in the grass just for kicks and giggles??...



- He loves squishing things in his hands, namely, bananas. It's kind of ridiculous and very messy. I'll sit him in his high chair and give him chunks of banana to eat, he'll probably eat one piece and then he squishes the rest and spreads it everywhere, himself included. Bananas usually mean bath time. haha..



 - He's figuring out how loud he can get and he tends to choose the most public and echo-prone venues.



- Two teeth have sprouted! That has prompted a new found obsession with his tongue. It is ALWAYS sticking out.

 



- He definitely prefers women over men. He'll flirt all day long with women. Smiles. Giggles. Big flirty eyes. It's shameless! (see below for an example) Put a man in front of him and he just stares. A blank, awkward stare.



- Ray has also come up with a new way to travel with Warren. He's on his longboard, pushing the stroller, and I follow along on my bike. It's kind of perfect!



- We love the park too. Warren's favorite is the swing! He is his mother's child. haha..




Basically my little man is amazing and I love seeing him grow and discover his personality. I love being a Mom!!!

2 comments: