Saturday, October 15, 2011

Thank You

So it's just barely starting to sink in how close I am to moving to Colorado, and to be honest, it's kinda freaking me out... a lot... This whole process I've been so focused on being with my husband that it never really crossed my mind that I'm leaving people I love too.

Despite my complaints about living at home with my parents these past 10 months, it really has been a great blessing. The greatest thing that has come out of this is the great relationship I've gained with my Mom. Throughout my pregnancy and having little Warren around, my mom and I have been able to bond in a way that we never have been able to before. My own motherhood has given us more to relate to one another with. This time has been precious to me, and the more I think about it, the more I realize how Heavenly Father made sure everything happened the way it needed to.

I was thinking about how if I would have gotten pregnant with my first kid and not have had Mom here to help me though it, I would have hated being pregnant even more than I already did. My mom had complete understanding of what I was going through. It was what gave me the strength to keep on pushing through all the sickness and be as strong as I could because I knew she did it too. Going through my first pregnancy alone would have been the worst thing that could have happened to me. Heavenly Father knew that so He made sure I didn't have to go through it without her.

I've really enjoyed being able to talk with my mom about things more openly than I ever have. She's pretty amazing, and I regret not being more open with her as I grew up.

I'm usually really good at describing how I feel in writing, but all I seem to be able to say is that I have so much love and appreciation for my mom, and that of all the people that I'm leaving, it's going to be hardest to say goodbye to her.

This is where I remember how thankful I am for technology because I'm pretty positive I'm gonna be on Skype with my Mom everyday. I'm also gonna have to show her how to text on her iPod. She's definitely gonna be more tech savvy because of me. Dad's gonna be proud of her.

Speaking of my Dad. Seeing how Warren completely melts his heart has brought me so much joy. I guess I was a little scared how he would react to him, but my worries were put to rest pretty quick. That little guy makes my Dad light up. It's wonderful. So really, being at home has done nothing but improve things between me and my parents.

I guess I just wanted to say thank you to them and this is the best way I know how... I love them so much and I appreciate all they've done for me... because they've sure done a lot.



No comments:

Post a Comment