Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Adventures of Motherhood

This evening was crazy!! Warren just did one thing after another, and when I thought he wouldn't pull out any more surprises, more came.. Holy moly...

Here's the chronological list of events.

- I was going to change his diaper, so I put him down at the end of my bed to do it because I don't have a change table.

- Opened his diaper to see what I had to deal with.

- He started peeing before I took the diaper off, so I let him finish.

- Took off the diaper and started wiping him down, and he decided he wasn't finished and peed even more... all over my bed. Luckily I wasn't hit. But my comforter sure was so in the wash that went.

- Decided that I should just give him a bath right then because I was gonna do that tonight anyways.

- Got the kid all naked, wrapped him up in a towel, took him to the bathroom and filled up the tub.

- Discovered that he peed in the towel he was wrapped up in while I was filling the tub... Seriously... How much can one baby pee in a five minute span?! But I was prepared and had another towel handy just in case.

- Washed him all off in the tub.

- Just when I was about to take him out of the tub, totally without warning, he pooped!!!

- Grabbed the baby out of the water ASAP, and wrapped him up in the back up towel.

- Realized that I had to re-bathe him because he was in poo water...

- Emptied the bath and washed out the poo.

- Called out to my dad to ask him to get a new towel because I didn't wanna dry Warren off on a towel that had poo water on it.

- Refilled the bath and rewashed my baby. This time he only peed in the water. I'm not so concerned about pee in the bath. But really?! He already peed so much!!!

- Finished cleaning him, got him out of the bath without anymore poo, and dressed him without further incident.

Seriously!!!!! I don't know what else could have gone wrong! I thought I was all prepared with an extra towel, but NO!!! Yeesh...

Good thing he's so freaking cute... and that he didn't pee on me...

"What's wrong Mommy??... I had a good time."


2 comments:

  1. oh man... this has totally happened to me before.. SO i have a method now. I keep their diaper on. Fill up the bath. lean them over the tub and wash their hair first. For some reason its like when that water hits their head they get their business done. THEN take off the diaper and finish bathing them in the tub. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to laugh but that is funny :) My kids have only ever pooped 1 time in the bath.. and it was gross.

    ReplyDelete