Tuesday, September 13, 2011

What A Year

I don't think I've ever had such an eventful year. I found out that I was pregnant the first week of the year, and that marked the beginning of a whole bunch of changes and new things for me to figure out and get used to.

First I had to get used to throwing up all the time... Then I had to get used to feeling all the hiccups and the kicks. Then figuring out how to sleep with a big belly in the way. Then trying to figure out what I could actually eat. Thankfully the throwing up every day eventually stopped as long as I remembered to take my medication. Being pregnant was definitely an adventure. Now I have an adorable little son to show for it. All the women were right. All the inconveniences of pregnancy and the difficulties I had really were worth it.

I thought it would be kinda cool to show the progression of changes throughout the year. I took periodic pictures to keep track of how big I was getting. It's interesting to look back on, and it totally blows my mind that my body did all that. Heavenly Father really knew what he was doing when He made all of us. Pregnancy and childbirth is nothing short of a miracle.

March 13 - 13 Weeks

March 26 - 15 Weeks

April 12 - 18 Weeks

April 16 - 19 Weeks

May 1 - 22 Weeks 

May 23 - 25 Weeks

July 1 - 31 Weeks

August 2 - 36 Weeks

September 13 - Two weeks old

It still hasn't sunk in that he's a part of me. I almost feel like a babysitter still. haha. But I'm sure once he starts getting bigger and we can see resemblances between him and Ray and I, it'll be easier to believe that he's mine and that I grew him. haha. I love being a mom though. Even if my mind can't wrap itself around being a mom, it's still pretty awesome. I'll think I'll keep the little guy.

3 comments:

  1. He is darling! I can't wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I read your blog the other day. And then right after that I read my sister-in-law's. And I thought whoa, the irony. My nephew was born at the end of June, and my sister-in-law said a lot of the same things you said, but now she's looking back on it. I just thought it was cool. Anyway, you should read her post entitled "Balm of Gilead."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops... minor detail. http://blog-ography.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete