Monday, September 12, 2011

My Family (because I have one now!)

Life with a kid is pretty sweet. I'm definitely getting less sleep, but I'm slowing figuring out how I can remedy that. For example, I've learned how to feed him lying down. haha. It's fantastic for the middle of the night feeds. Another thing I've learned is just how many diapers babies go through. I haven't quite figured out the perfect timing for when it's best to change him. I tend to change his diaper and 10 minutes later he's pooped. It's kind of ridiculous. But I guess that's just how it goes. I gave him a soother for the first time two days ago and that's been a lifesaver. Warren no longer cries during diaper changes and it helps him fall asleep faster. He loved the thing right from the start. He didn't have any issues with it. Yay!!!

Yesterday was a pretty crappy day though. Not because of Warren. He's a really good baby. But yesterday I had to say goodbye to Ray... We've said goodbye a lot before, but this time seemed to be the hardest. That's prolly due to the fact that we have Warren, and the thought of taking care of him by myself seems overwhelming, especially at night time. Also, we have no idea how long it'll be until we get to see each other again. All the other times before, we've known when we'd see each other again. So because of those two things, this is kind of a lot rough on me...

The thing that keeps me going though, is how positive Ray is. He's constantly reminding me that Heavenly Father is in control, so because of that, things will work out the best way possible. I definitely need to be reminded of that often, and Ray does a good job. Another good thing is that all the paperwork is submitted, and now we're just waiting to find out when my interview will be. They do all the scheduling for interviews during the second week of the month, which is this week. So hopefully I'll find out when I have to make the trek over to Montreal by the end of the week. After the interview, if they're satisfied, I get all the green card stuff right there and I'll be able to go to Colorado as soon as possible. Woot!! So things really are progressing, and we're actually at the final stretch. And getting Warren's paperwork is simple since he's already entitled to US citizenship. I just have to fill out a form that gets him a US passport and social security card.

Anyways... Here's some pictures of my adorable little man. Ray took most of the pictures, and Monie and her boyfriend came over to take our family pictures. I'm quite pleased with them. It was awesome that we got to take family pictures before Ray left. We have a pretty good looking family. haha.


Hehe... He was sneezing.

Babies make awesome faces.










My favorite!

2 comments:

  1. You already were a family even with just you and Ray. Warren just added one more person. Awesome that things are in the final stretch for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures. Love them all. Your family is beautiful!!

    Hope that you can find comfort in Heavenly Father as Ray is gone and I hope that you can see him again soon!

    ReplyDelete