Friday, September 30, 2011

Victory!!!

I'm a genius... I just figured out that I can avoid the whole going to the Calgary Consulate thing. I dunno why it took me this long to realize it though. haha. I'm smart.

So you schedule appointments online to report births of US citizens "abroad" and apply for their US passports and social security cards. Up until now I was just planning on scheduling it in Calgary a couple days after I got back from Montreal. But duh... I had an epiphany that I could just see if I could schedule the appointment in Montreal for the same day as my interview. Yeesh... I've sure been using my noggin...

I looked into it and there's an opening to schedule what I need for Warren that's two and a half hours after my interview. I have no idea how long my interview will last, and how long it'll take for me to get all my original documents back. I kinda need them in order to apply for Warren's stuff. Hopefully two and a half hours will be enough time for me to finish up my stuff in time to do Warren's stuff.

I'm just glad I shaved even more time off of this whole process. It's all happening so soon!!!

WOOT!!!

2 comments:

  1. At the start of the interview just tell the person interviewing you that you need to report the birth of a US citizen abroad in 2.5 hours.

    I would guess they will either laugh and tell you there's no way the interview will still be going then, or will try to work around that for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you! I hope all goes the way you plan!! I can't wait for you to be in the USA

    ReplyDelete