Thursday, November 15, 2012

My Happy Places

Ray and I set a specific budget for food we wanted to eat while up in Canada. Believe me. This deserves it's own post. We talked in great detail about the places we wanted to hit up for a meal while there, and believe you me. We ate at them all.

- Second Cup. Like Starbucks but better. I may have gotten Ray addicted to hot chocolate when we were still living there. And we may have visited the place more than once...



- Poutine - Fries. Gravy. Cheese. Nuff said.



- Dream Tea House - Bubble Tea. Not actually tea. It's more like a milkshake with these tapioca balls in it and you drink it with an extra wide straw. Don't knock it till you try it. This was another place that could have possibly been visited more than once...



- Barb & Ernies's. Known for their eggs benedict. Ray will vouch for that. Look at how happy he is to have that eggs benedict in his mouth!




- Oodle Noodle. America just doesn't understand... Their Chinese food is gross. If you want to know how Chinese/Asian food is actually supposed to be like, you have to venture North.



- Panago Pizza. Don't judge us Canadians... Ray has a slight obsession with their Chicken Club Pizza. And I'm a huge fan of their cheese dipping sauce. Mmmm...


- Remedy. Now I think this place was more because of the environment, less because of the food. It became kind of a hang out/meeting point for us. It's just got a lot of good memories. The food is decent, but not so much our thing. Nonetheless, we had a butter chicken wrap.



- Peter's. Calgary's only saving grace. I've heard a lot of people smack talk it and claim that another place nearby is better, but this place is more nostalgic for me so I don't think I could ever renounce the awesomeness that is Peter's. Seriously. Who wouldn't want a hamburger smothered in BBQ sauce?




Collectively I'm pretty sTure all of those things amounted to at least a 10 lb gain on my part. Woops...

There are actually things in Edmonton that have always brought me a great deal of amusement. I made sure to document those things, along with a few new things.

The Church building on Whyte Ave where a great deal of my single adult life was spent.


The random car dealership on Whyte Ave with the sales people's desk directly against the window so you can awkwardly look on it at them... hahaha...


This one was new. A solar powered waste compactor. That's right. It's on the corner of a street.


Of course. West Edmonton Mall. We stopped to watch the Sea Lion show.




And who can forget the world's largest cowboy boot?? haha!


This is just a glimpse of the city I love. Man it was good to be back...


No comments:

Post a Comment