Monday, November 19, 2012

Learning

Over these past couple months, I feel like my faith has been put to a test. It's like Heavenly Father has been screaming at me "DON'T YOU REMEMBER THAT I'M HERE AND THAT I WANT TO HELP YOU?!?!?!" So maybe I've been a tad bit prideful lately thinking that I can fix my own problems because there's still something I can do and maybe I just need to try harder. What's the common theme??

...   I     ...       I    ...     I   ...

Well the time finally came and I got smacked with the humble stick. The question was posed... What if the reason the trials keep on pouring down on me is because Heavenly Father is trying to give me a hint? Thanks to a lovingly stern Uncle, things became clearer.

I decided to change things. Not just read my scriptures, STUDY them every. single. day. Pen and paper in hand. Pray every. single. day. Not just pray, but TALK to Him. Report to Him. Be accountable to Him. Make promises to Him. Most importantly... Ask Him for help.

After talking it over with Ray, we made a deal to do this together, both individually and as a couple. Not gonna lie. Every day didn't exactly turn out the way I wished it would and some days I did better than others, but within a week Ray and I started noticing solutions were coming and prayers were being answered. Life was just a little bit better.


*insert choir of angels here*


We weren't being perfect, but we were doing our best to keep our end of the deal and we were being blessed for it. My gratitude for Christ and His Atonement was renewed. We were trying to climb and Christ reached down to help us up.

So I want to say that I know Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are aware of each and every one of us. Heavenly Father promises to shower us with blessings when we do our part to be there for him. Ray and I started realizing as things started to come together that solutions had already been put in motion long before we even realized trouble was brewing. Heavenly Father was planning for us to be at that point and began setting us up in certain situations and with certain people that became the answers we were looking for. He allowed us to go through those trials to remind us that He is still there.

Aside from the great relief I have in knowing that all is well and the storms are calming, I have a great deal more peace. I have a better ability to handle the curveballs life throws. I have a more loving relationship with my husband, and I even notice I'm doing a lot more things for my son to teach him and give him new experiences. I'm happier! This didn't just happen. This is a direct result of my desire to strengthen my relationship with God. I am so thankful that because of Jesus Christ, I can be forgiven for being weak and I have the ability to continue to try to improve so that I can be closer with Heavenly Father.

My faith gives me hope and purpose.

 mormon.org 

*If you have questions about what I believe, I will love to answer them.*

No comments:

Post a Comment