Thursday, June 17, 2010

Workout Attempt #2

This time was a lot more successful. There weren't any super fast steps to keep up with, which I was pleased with. However, that also meant that I was gonna get the full effect of the workout... Pain... Lots of pain...

The instructor this time was a spunky, blonde, ridiculously toned woman. She was pleasant though, and her spunk was just enough that it didn't scare or intimidate me TOO badly. She started off the class announcing that the theme of the workout would be ballet, so that apparently means a butt workout. She said that once we thought our "glutes" had had enough, we were just getting started. That wasn't the most exciting thing in the world for me to hear, but at least I was warned.

We started by doing squats. Here I was thinking we'd just do maybe 15 or 20, but we just kept on going... for 15 or 20 minutes... We switched from normal squats to these ballet "plee-ays", and some leg lifts. It was gruelling, but I was proud of myself for being able to do it.

There was some resistance training with an rubber band... That's what started to kick my trash... We stepped on one end of the band, squatted down, then reached way up and kept doing that over and over. We also had to put our hands on the ground and had to keep our hands planted and jump from side to side. By then I was beat, but I did pretty good all around. That's the kind of class I was looking for.

Afterwards, I got into the car, and my legs were shaking. haha! I even had a hard time coming down the steps from the recreation center. haha... My car is a standard, which means there's a clutch. My legs were so wobbly, I had a really hard time driving and was looking for every excuse not to change gears. I made it home safe though!!! The next challenge was just getting down the stairs to my home.. haha. What a gong show...

Then Ray discovered my new disability and capitalized on it. My abs were sore from the core workout of the crazy step class, and now I could barely walk because of all these squats. I'm glad he was entertained...

I guess it is kind of a good feeling though. I know I'm doing something good for myself, I just need to be careful not to overdo it. Hopefully it's possible for me to do something almost everyday. I would love to go for a leisurely swim today, but then I also think that if I do something 5 days a week, that should be good enough. I'm excited to see the effects of all this a month from now. But for now... Happy recovering...

No comments:

Post a Comment