Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Time... Friend or Foe...

So it's a funny thing that time can be so for us or so against us... I haven't had the time, or maybe I just haven't taken the time to really post anything. I say I'm busy but I don't really know with what.

Recent event.. I finally got a calling in my Ward as a Relief Society teacher, and got set apart this past Sunday. In it, I was blessed to be able to find the TIME to prepare my lessons. haha... Now I think because of the blessing I've been more motivated to find time for things more than just preparing Relief Society lessons. Today I went to the strength training class (of which I previously documented, and am doing a lot better at by the way) and I WAS gonna swim after, but I thought about it and Ray so kindly came to the recreation centre to wait for me, that I decided that I wouldn't attempt a swim afterwards, and have more time with him. Time time time...

I guess I'm realizing I've just been trying to stuff so many little insignificant things into too little amount of time, that I miss out on the things that are most important to me. Another example. After work today I was gonna rush to the grocery store before this class, but I had to stop at my parents place to drop off a wedding invitation for my boss' daughter. Dad was the only one home, and I haven't really had much of an opportunity to talk with him lately, again because I probably haven't really taken the time too... But instead, I ended up talking to him for just an hour, and I really appreciated it and I think he did too. It was really nice. My Dad's voice is really comforting to me, just like Ray's is.

So today is all about learning how to manage time, but to make it matter, not to cram it full of errands. Also... I don't have to post these ridiculously long posts. I can be thorough and brief all at once. haha. I'm excited about this new found mentality. It's a lot more peaceful.

Alison Whitcomb

No comments:

Post a Comment