Friday, February 3, 2012

Hello Computer! I've missed you!

After 3 weeks of having no internet in our new place, it's about time! It was convenient to be able to blog from my phone, but I just realized how crappy the quality of the pictures were. Sorry!!! Lesson learned.

Every year I make a photo book from iPhoto detailing the year's adventures. I just finished the book for 2011 and am eagerly awaiting it's arrival in the next couple days. Since finishing that, I've realized that there actually are several things worth blogging about. It was kind of an awesome wake up call to help me realize my life isn't as lame as I sometimes think it is in my head. haha.

Warren's baby blessing was on December 18, 2011. Ray was so nervous. Rightfully so. He's never done it before, and it's a blessing for his own child in front of a whole congregation. Sometimes I'm reminded why I'm glad men hold the Priesthood. haha...

The blessing itself was great. Warren was promised some beautiful things. Poor Warren though, he was not pleased being held in the middle of a circle. He was fine at first, but then started getting fussy. We made a critical mistake by not bringing his soother/binky up with him during the blessing. Ray was so flustered by Warren's fussing. It was kinda funny from my end, but Ray was struggling. Afterwards he told me that during the blessing he tried sticking his finger in Warren's mouth to try to calm him down, but that didn't work so he was trying to figure out how to soothe him as he was trying to concentrate on what the spirit was telling him to say all at the same time and having a really hard time with the multi-tasking. Again... Funny from my end. I was really impressed with how it all went though and I kept on having to tell Ray he did a great job.

Lots of family and friends came for it, but we spaced on getting pictures with everyone. We just took some family pictures. haha...






I also quite enjoy having a phone that can upload pictures to Facebook whenever I want. It's a lot easier than having to transfer pictures from my camera to my computer. But for the sake of my little brother, it's only fair to post the latest pictures on here too.

Can't remember if I posted this before... But this is what I got for Ray for Christmas... super reluctantly....

He makes the silliest faces sometimes. This was post-bath.

Warren has become really grabby lately. Ray was holding him, drinking this root beer, and Warren was determined to get a hold of it. He's getting pretty coordinated lately!

I love/hate that he sucks on his lip. I love it because it's so cute, but I hate it because I'm afraid that he'll get chapped lips and have a giant red bottom lip one day...
We discovered that when he gets fussy in Church, we just turn on the front facing camera on my phone and get him to look at himself, and it quiets him right down. Works like a charm!!
The other benefit is that we get awesome pictures like this.
Getting ready to go swimming to celebrate his 5 month mark!!! 
This was after swimming. It wipes him right out. Come to think of it.. It wipes me out too. It's a big process... After we finish swimming, I have to take him into the shower and wash all the chlorine off of him, then dry him off which he hates because it's cold. So while I'm still dripping wet, I get him all dry and changed, tucked into his carseat, and then it's my turn to shower. But I don't wanna just leave him, so I put him in the far corner of the shower room while I wash because by then he's usually completely asleep and there's nobody else using the showers. Yeah. Gong show... But it's worth it. I'm determined that my child is not going to be afraid of water. So far so good! Anyways... This is after I was finished showering, drying off and getting myself ready to go. He had his cat nap and woke up really happy.
We went to the temple yesterday and took him for a walk around it,

I'm pretty much in love with this nail polish. haha. Apparently so is Warren. He's never tried to grab my fingers and put them in his mouth with as much vigor before. It was just after I finished my nails and they were dry that he got all excited about them. It's pretty hilarious. I love my kid!

In other news... My mom is going to be here in Colorado in less than a week! I'm so excited for her to be here. She definitely needs a vacation and some quality time with her favorite grandson and daughter. haha. We're special. We're gonna be able to do a lot of great things with her, like visiting Aspen, CO. She's a pretty die hard John Denver fan, so there's no way she'd come this close to his monument/park thingy and not go. haha. I can't really say I know what it's all about, but I know that Aspen and John Denver are synonymous. Guess I'm about to learn. haha.

Also, here are some fantastic videos of my son, specifically for the viewing pleasure of my little bro. But you can enjoy them too.




HAHA!!! Oh man... He only did this that one day. Now when we sing that song to him he smiles nice and big. At least we know he's not gonna be traumatized when he turns 3.


Seriously... So random... Kids laugh at the strangest things!!!


That's all for now. There will more great things to share in the future. I'm sure of it.

Happy P-Day Elder Dyer!!!

1 comment:

  1. Warren is so yummy. I just want to give him a squeeze!

    ReplyDelete