Sunday, December 18, 2011

New Toy!

Well as frustrating as the whole process was, I finally got my phone. My very first smart phone and it seems to have opened up a whole new world to me! For example... I can now blog on the go. This freedom is awesome!

By the time I got my phone, I was pretty sure the world had conspired against me because NOTHING was going smoothly. I went to get my car registered and after the third time going to the office, they finally told me they couldn't do it until my actual green card came. Time. Wasted. Got a letter from immigration welcoming me to the USA and saw that my zip code was wrong. Whoever input that information switched two numbers. When I called to correct it, I realized that would slow down the arrival of my green card. Signed up for the YMCA and they got one of my credit card numbers wrong so I had to fix thY before they tried to charge me for the monthly fee. Had I not realized that had happened I would have had a $20 fee to pay. All the while waiting for my phone to come in the mail. 

So after more than a week of my phone not coming, we found out that it was because there was some money owing on the account and my phone wouldn't ship until it was paid off. We wouldn't have known unless we asked and we'd have just kept waiting endlessly. One the money was paid, the phone was shipped but still... Three days later it wasn't here still. Some overnight shipping eh?? Well Ray got an email that day with a UPS tracking number and when He checked it, it said it had been delivered the day before. Ray went to the apartment office and they said that nothing was there for us and there was nobody in the office that had the name that the tracking number said it was signed for by. So confused. Ray called UPS and as soon as they checked the tracking number they saw that it had been delivered to the wrong address. Ray got the address it was delivered to and instead of letting them deal with it (which would have taken another two weeks) he just went to pick it up on his own. Turns out it was delivered to an actual Sprint store. Makes no sense.

Anyways... After all that I finally got my phone. Complete gong show.

I'm pretty stoked to have a smart phone. Like I said. A whole new freedom. Haha. I feel like I've finally caught up with the rest of the world. Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment