Sunday, November 20, 2011

I needed that.

Finally decided to make a appearance on this blog!

I would like to tell you about a awesome experience that happened this weekend. On friday night I was contacted by Kayla Muraya. She was someone that found the gospel because we shared it with her. It was an amazing story of faith and action. We found her tracting the first week of the transfer and she was baptized within 6 weeks. As a missionary in the south, it was a miracle! As time went on she got married and has traveled the country with her husband Steve. Who is from Kenya. Way cool, I know. We spent a couple hours catching up over food. During our visit we went through my mission journals seeing what I wrote giving them my perspective of what happened. Which helped me realize the power of what I had done while a missionary. On your mission the whole point is to invite everyone that you see to come unto Christ. Hopefully that bears some sort of fruit. Since I came home I have thought a lot about that. I really want my life to be a example of living the gospel, touching peoples lives, and enjoying everything that happens along the way. The hard part about looking back is you cant see the end until it is the end. I have had times where I have felt my efforts didn't add up to much, outside of what it did for me. So, when Kayla said "If it wasn't for Stewart and you, I wouldn't be where I am now." She continued to elaborate on that explaining that because she joined the church. She went to Virginia selling pest control, which took her to Vegas, where she met her husband. Which has brought her a lot of joy. Just because Elder Stewart and I went tracking in our own apartment complex after planning meeting. A apartment complex that was tracted every time there were new Elders in the area. In fact we had to hide from the apartments managers from seeing us. We overcame the stigma that it had already been all knocked out. Because we did it caused this huge reaction that I wouldn't and couldn't have seen there or after my mission. The ripple effects of what happened aren't even done! That's what is crazy! I am so thankful for Steve & Kayla coming over! Its good to remember. 

-Ray

No comments:

Post a Comment