Monday, March 11, 2013

Independence

Warren is OFFICIALLY 18 months old. That means two things to me.

1. We can no longer tag him along with us to things that WE want to do and expect our little man to just go along with it. We have to do things for HIM now.

2. He is old enough to go to Nursery at Church now so we can actually begin learning things there again. haha.

I spend a lot of time at home with Warren throughout the week, so I decided that I wanted to use our weekends as a family to get out of the house and go to new places and teach Warren new things. Attempt #1: The Denver Aquarium.

Okay so maybe I chose that because I wanted to go... But having a curious child makes adventures like that totally pass as something specifically for the kid right?

Saturday's are our only full day of the week to go out do things as a family. When we arrived at the Aquarium, I was reminded that we aren't the only family with just Saturday's to do fun things. There were SO MANY PEOPLE!!! When we got in and saw all the fish, or "doggies" as Warren likes to call them, all he wanted to do was get out of his stroller and explore on his own. We let him out and he was off! So many things for that brain of his to absorb!


The kid wouldn't stop! I couldn't get a clear picture of him if my life depended on it!


From my mommy perspective, I don't think I have ever been so stressed out trying to keep up with him through the crowds of other families. He would walk from one display to the other, seeing how far he could go, and what things he could touch. I tried to do my best at enjoying the moment though. There were, after all, some pretty spectacular things. Purple starfish, a one eyed giant white kind of fish (haha), Nemo in an Anemone, and sweet jellyfish!







I'm so thankful for how much of a help Ray was. He played with Warren and helped him see all sorts of things that were out of his little reach.




We all had tons of fun. Warren loved his freedom and I tried to accomodate that.

Family fun day was a success!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment