Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Family

So my mom just left for her journey home after being with me and my family in Colorado this past month. To say the least... it was hard to say goodbye. I think I've been struggling to find some familiarly here just because it seems that everything and everyone works so differently. I don't have the people around me that I grew up with anymore. It sucks and its hard. So to have my mom here, the ultimate in familiarity, I finally felt at ease and I started feeling more comfortable and willing to call this place home. I don't know if I can make that make any sense, but that's how I felt. When she left, she kept on telling me to keep busy and to try harder to make more friends. I think she helped me feel more empowered to do those things. So as much as it sucks that she's gone and we're apart again, I'm thankful for her example and trust in me to do what I need for myself to be happy. My mom and I have grown really close this past year and I cherished this last month with her. It also was really awesome to have a live in babysitter. Haha. She loves my little man so much. Needless to say, this time was good for us all. Precious memories have been made and I will cherish them forever. Next time I see her will be in 6 months for my little brothers homecoming. There will be a bunch of joyous reunions!

No comments:

Post a Comment